Joel Saunders MSc BEng CEng MICE
Joel Saunders has over 20 years’ experience within the Civil and Structural Engineering Sector.
Joel graduated from the University of Wales, Swansea in 2006 as a Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering. More recently he also completed his Masters in Environmental Conservation and Management. He is currently completing his professional qualifications with the Institution of Civil Engineers.
Joel’s career started as an Apprentice Structural Engineering Technician within a consulting engineering practice in Bath. He then moved to a multi-disciplinary consultancy specialising in industrial design.
Joel has mainly worked in private practice, but also has had five years’ experience in heavy industry.
Joel’s specialities include:
- Residential civil and structural design
- Industrial civil and structural design
- Party Wall surveyor
- Project management
- Principal designer duties
- Client advisor for CDM regulations
Joel has a particular interest in Construction Health and Safety. He also has particularly extensive experience in AutoCAD and GIS.
Dmitry Sidorenko MEng CEng MIED MIStructE
Dmitry graduated from Moscow State University as a Master of Civil Engineering (with a Distinction), in 2005.
Having worked for the last 14 years in Arup in their Moscow and Cardiff offices, as a Senior Structural Engineer, Dmitry joined Quorum in 2017.
During his career, Dmitry has worked on a number of large multidisciplinary projects including:
- Abu Dhabi Internationa Airport, specifically working on the detail design of the 200m span arched roof, piers and internal structures.
- Ysbyty Aneurin Bevan hospital in South Wales
- Ysbyty Ystrad Fawr hospital in South Wales
- Ashgabat Olympic Complex in Turkmenistan
- Data Centres design in the UK and Europe
- Numerical analysis of complex structure using a range of Finite Elements software packages
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Practical hands on construction experience in a range of smaller and niche projects, offering elegant and economic solutions within this market
In addition to working at Quorum, Dmitry is a lecturer in the University of South Wales, where he teaches Composite Steel and Concrete structures and Seismic Engineering to Masters students.
Steve Barker BSc (Hons)
Steve graduated from the University of Wales, Newport in 2010 with an Honours degree in Civil and Construction Engineering.
Since working at Quorum, Steve has worked on a variety of projects including multi-storey mixed use buildings, large scale domestic developments, small scale domestic refurbishments & extensions, and industrial building modifications.
During his career, Steve has worked on numerous other large schemes such as the Cardiff University Brain Research Imaging Centre (CUBRIC) and Ysgol Hafod Lon, a Special Education Needs school in Penryndeudraeth, North Wales. His roles included designing the primary and secondary structural framing elements, attending site meetings and providing general design lead.
More recently, Steve has been involved in the design development of a number of residential basement schemes, primarily within a busy London market, providing additional habitable spaces.
Steve’s skills lie in:
- Domestic refurbishments / developments
- Sensitive structural modifications of existing buildings